Tips to Stay OrganizedDecember 22, 2011
We all look forward to the holidays. A lot of us also look forward to the time after the holidays. The end of the year and the beginning of a new one is always busy and burn-out is a real threat. Ilya Pozin, founder and President of digital marketing and creative agency Ciplex, shares some of his tips to stay on track and keep productive.
1) Work backwards from goals to milestones to tasks: Writing your end result at the top of the list is the easy part. Getting to that goal often entails a lot of smaller milestones and tasks that need to be reached. Segment the work into smaller projects that can be completed in a few hours. You’ll move through your list quicker and get to your end goal quicker as a result.
2) Stop multi-tasking: Research has shown that jumping between tasks more than 10 times a day actually lowers your IQ and leaves you feeling tired and dull. Stay focused on the task you are working on until its finished, then move on to your next project.
3) Be militant about eliminating distractions: Keep your work area quiet so you can focus completely on your projects. Turn off your phone to avoid the temptation of texting, checking your e-mail, or taking calls. If you’re working on a computer, set it to work offline.
4) Schedule your e-mails: Set two or three times a day when you will check your e-mail. Looking for new messages consistently limits your productivity.
5) Use the phone: Got a question? Need to talk to someone about something? Use your phone before typing that e-mail. Try not to reply more than twice to the same e-mail.
6) Work on your own agenda: Set your own schedule with your own priorities. Don’t let others dictate how you’re going to work for that day.
7) Work in 60 to 90 minute intervals: Your brain uses up quite a bit of glucose over the course of the day. It needs a refresher after about 60-90 minutes (which explains your lethargy after a lengthy meeting). Take a small break or do something differently to recharge.
You can find the article at here. We hope everyone is having a great holiday season so far and that it continues to be so until we ring in the new year!This entry was posted in For Your Health, Fun Stuff, Tips and Tricks. Bookmark the permalink. ← 2011 Solaris Holiday Celebration Thanks and Happy Holidays! →
Comments are closed.